Sunday, July 22, 2012

Updated review on Essie Poppy Razzi "Action"

My mom and dad came down yesterday to visit and go see my brothers band, Angus and the Attiks play last night.  The band did an amazing job as usual, and you should all go see their next show at  Wicked Pissa (formerly Legends Rock Bar) in Gales Ferry, CT on Sat. Aug. 4th 9:30PM.  Anyway, my mom asked me to paint her nails for her before the show, and she picked out Essie "Acton" which I reviewed earlier in the week.  I thought this would be the perfect time to try this polish with a white base coat like I mentioned in my previous post.  The results were much better!


I used Revlon Quick Dry Base coat, and then two coats of Sinful Colors "Snow me White". After that, I applied two coats of Essie "Action" and Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat. The white underneath the Essie shade really seems to bring out the neon in the polish, and it really looks much more like a neon highlighter, which is what this shade looks like in the bottle. I just wish that Essie had added something to the color to make it more opaque to begin with so that the white undercoat wasn't necessary.  With the white underneath, this is a shade that I will probably wear more often.


What do you think? Do you like this shade better with or without the white base coat? Would you wear either one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it with the white underneath. it is a cool color, nice and bright for the summer.