Friday, July 20, 2012

Review: Essie "Poppy Razzi" Collection - Action

Essie put out a neon summer collection called "Poppy Razzi" which contains 4 awesome summer neon hues.  This collection is out in drug stores right now.

I picked up a shade entitled "Action" at CVS which I was very excited about!  It is full of neon tangerine goodness.


Although I was excited about this shade initially, I was not impressed after I put on the first coat.  It came out streaky and sheer. You could totally see my smile line, and also the few areas on my nails that area pealing a little. 

 Yuck! look at how sheer this is! You can absolutely see any imperfections your nails may have.

After the second coat, you could still see the smile line, plus it started to bubble a little. This could be because I was applying the color outside and it was hot out.  I will talk in a later post about how to stop bubbles in your polish.  Anyways, It took three coats to make this polish to look decent.


As with most neon shades, this polish dries matte.  A top coat is a must to get the full potential out of this nail color! Overall, I was disappointed with the sheerness of this formula. I read some other blog posts that mentioned they used a white polish underneath and loved how the color came out.  I would try this polish again with a white base first, but if that doesn't work out I can't see myself wearing this very often.  Even though I love the color, this polish is just too sheer. 

Has anyone else tried the other polishes from the "Poppy Razzi" Summer 2012 collection? What are your thoughts? 


No comments: