Saturday, July 7, 2012

My first post... Fruit Stripe Gum Nail Art

Hello everyone!
Thanks for visiting.  This is my first post ever, on my brand new nail polish blog. I have loved nail polish since I was a child, but over the past few years my nail polish obsession has grown to a new level.  This is my way to share my love of polish with all of you! 


Do you remember Fruit stripe gum? If you grew up in the 90's, I bet you do. You know, it came in a  package with a zebra on the front and temporary tattoos on each of the wrappers?  We all know the only reason we loved it so much was because of those tattoos. It certainly wasn't because of the flavor, because that only lasted for about 20 seconds.  My manicure today was inspired by Zebra Stripe Gum.




For this manicure, I started by using Revlon Quick Dry Base coat, which I have been using as a base coat for all my manicures lately.  My base color was Ulta OH!  I then used two of my Kiss Nail Art Stripers in Neon Orange and Beach Yellow to draw stripes on the nails. I also used a nail art paintbrush from Sallys Beauty Supply to turn Revlon Top Speed Guava and 10 #407 into stripes as well. I finished off with the Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat. 

Is case anyone is wondering what Kiss Nail art Stripers are, these are them. They come in a thin bottle with a very narrow brush, perfect for nail art. I bought them before I discovered that you could just buy the nail art brush at the beauty supply store and clean it off with polish remover and use it with any polish. 

No comments: