Thursday, July 19, 2012

How to make your own nail art decals

Hello!

My spree of overnight shifts is over! This means that I finally have time for some nail art again.  Today I am going to show you how to make some cool nail art decals.  This is perfect if you want to make some geometric designs on your nails but don't have a steady hand.

My manicure with nail art decals

So, read below for how to make your own nail art decals.

1.  Start with a sheet of wax or parchment paper. Choose your nail colors.  Paint each color in thin layers on the paper.


2. Wait for color to dry, continue to paint more thin layers. I painted about 5. If you paint too few, it won't come off of the paper correctly. Painting several layers of polish will also make the colors opaque so that you will be able to apply them to a darker color base polish.


3. Wait for the colors to dry completely.  I waited overnight.

4.  Gently peal polish off of paper.


5.  Cut into whatever shapes you want. Then, take thin paintbrush and apply clear top coat to back of decal and stick on nail. 


6.  Use nail scissors to cut to proper shape on nail.
7.  Finish off with top coat over decals. I used Seche Vite top coat for this because it is thicker, so will cover up any bumpy-ness from the nail decals.


There you go!  That is how I make some neat decals.  I used the dotting tool to create some extra dots on this nail after I applied the decals. What do you think? Will you try this look? 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How long are decals good for before you have to make them again?

Anonymous said...

Wow that is really cool!

Unknown said...

Well, if you leave them on the wax paper, they will probably last about two weeks before they start to get brittle. I saved mine with the intention of using them again, however I put them all in one plastic baggie, and they all got stuck together, so don't do that.