Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Paint Drip Manicure



Hey everyone!

My my nail art design today was inspired by an awesome video tutorial from Juliatmll on youtube!
Click below to watch.  Above is my finished manicure.  Below are some other helpful hints on how to create this on your own.


1.  If you read my post yesterday,  I am sure that you saw the ugly white polish after one coat. It looked pretty streaky, but much better after two. Even though there were still a few streaks, I didn't paint a third white coat, because I knew I was going to paint the drips on top and I didn't want to make the polish too thick.  After I applied the colored polish, the few white streaks were not noticeable.

2. I used a nail dotting tool for the bottom of the drops.  You can see what mine looks in the picture below.  It has a nail art brush on one end, and the dotting tool on the other.  If you don't want to buy one, you can just use a pin head or bobby pin.  I got my dotting tool at Sally's Beauty Supply. It was only a few dollars.

3. To draw the lines, I actually used a thin paintbrush which I got from the craft store. It is meant for acrylics. It is long and thin, and i found that this kind of brush was easier to make straight lines with than the shorter brush on the end of my dotting tool. 


For this manicure, I used Orly French Tip in Softest White, Cover Girl Boundless Color in Candy Apple, Kiss Nail art paint in Beach Yellow, NYC In a Minute Quick Dry in East Village, and NYC In a Minute Quick Dry in High Line Green.  As usual, I used Revlon quick dry base and top coat. 

On another note, the first finger I painted was the red thumbs.  I think it looks like dripping blood. Maybe I will use part of this for a halloween manicure. Do you think it would creep out my patients?  




No comments: