Friday, August 10, 2012

Piggy Polish!

As some of you may know, I am sort of obsessed with getting a miniature pig as a pet. Why would you want a pig as a pet, you may ask. Well, first of all, mini pigs only get to be between 20-30lbs, about the size of a smallish dog. Also, pigs are incredibly intelligent, and can be trained to do tricks and walk on leashes. They also can be trained to go to the bathroom in a litter box.  Pigs aren't naturally smelly. Pigs lack sweat glands, so they roll around in mud (and poop) to cool off. Being dirty makes pigs smelly.  If you have an indoor pig, they cannot roll around in mud, and are therefore not smelly.

Isn't this the cutest thing ever?

Anyways, there are no mini-pig breeders in Connecticut. Also, if you are going to buy a mini-pig, you better make sure you look at the pig parents and make sure they aren't 300lb hogs. Nothing would be worse than buying what you thought was a mini-pig only to have it grow into a 300lb hog. Especially when you live in an apartment.  Someday when I get a house with a yard, Steve and I are going to take a road trip and go look at mini-pigs.  Anyways, since I can't have a mini-pig right now, I have resorted to collecting pig things.
























Pig wall hanging and salt and pepper shakers, which I also collect. 

Anyways, take a look below at my pig manicure! This was done with acrylic paints over my shellac manicure. The best part about this was that if I made a mistake, it was super easy to get the acrylic off of the shellac. I just had to rub the nail with my fingers and it pealed off. When I was done, I applied a regular polish topcoat to keep this from happening. 



My ring finger is bacon. This is because I ran out of ideas for the last nail. Don't worry, if I had a pet pig, I would never eat it! My pets are like children to me, they are the most spoiled animals ever! 


What do you think of my pig manicure? Do you want to get a pet pig too? Do you know of any mini-pig breeders or anyone who has a pet pig? 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No I don't want a pet pig, but I do like your pig collection. also your nails.