Sunday, August 5, 2012

Nautical Nail Art

Hello everyone,

Earlier in the week, I was super excited because this week are going to put my brothers new sailboat "Riders on the storm" in the water for the first time!  This inspired some nautical themed nail polish.


A sailboat and anchor! I love accent nails! 

The base color for this polish is Revlon "Fashionista" It is a wonderful blue-green shade.  Not quick dry.  Revlon formulas always apply smoothly and this polish was full coverage in 2 coats. The brush for revlon polishes is easy to work with and medium thickness.  

To paint the sailboat, I started with the red bottom. I used my acrylic paints.  After painting the bottom, I made a straight line using the brown from the base of the boat to the top. 


After that, I just painted little triangles on either side of the pole with white for the sails. 


When you are done, you can go back and touch it up with any of the colors you want. I thought I painted the sail on the left a little too big, so I went in with my nail art brush and put a little more nail polish over that area. I also accidentally got some white paint on my index finger nail, and I used the regular polish to cover that up as well. 




No comments: