Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Glitter polish: No more Waity, Katie

Earlier this week Steve wanted to drive all the way to Warwick to go to Guitar Center, so while we were there we also stopped at Ulta.  He was a good sport and even helped me pick out some new polish colors. 

I was very excited to get my first butter london polish because I have heard good things about this brand. All butter london polishes are 3-free.  Also, despite their name, the brand is manufactured in the USA, not England.   The polish I got is called No more waity, Katie. Apparently this shade was named for Kate Middleton after she got engaged to Prince William.  It is what I would call a greige polish (grey beige) with lilac glitter. This polish is a "jelly" polish.  

Let me explain what I mean by jelly.  When a polish is described as jelly, it means that it is semi-transparent. Similar to jelly in a jar, after several coats you can't see through it, however it is never totally opaque. Light just seems to travel through the layers, making it look "squishy"

Anyway, this polish was beautiful in the container. Application was a little tricky.  I had to apply 4 coats to get full coverage.  But, the color was very pretty, and it dried almost instantly so it didn't take forever to apply. I have read some other reviews,  and it seems that the company may have changed the formula of this polish shortly after its initial release.  Early reviews seem to say that it chipped very easily and applied unevenly. My experience was that it took several coats to become the color in the jar, and that you have to work quickly because it dries so quickly.  I do like this shade, and it is truly unlike anything else in my collection. 



This swatch makes it look slightly more blue-ish than it actually is. Like I said before, It is a grey base with lilac colored glitter.  This is after 4 days of wear, and look, no chips. I do have a little tip wear, but overall, the polish is staying on pretty well. 

What do you think of this shade? would you wear it? Have you tried any other butter london polishes? Do you love them or hate them? 

Also, let me know if you are rocking a cool glitter look this week! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty. Is it available at most drugstores?

Unknown said...

This polish is a higher end polish, so you will only find at at Ulta, or department stores in the mall like Nordstrom. If it is a store that you could buy Estee Lauder makeup at, you could probably also find this polish there.